Secret Soviet Nuclear Bunker
In the territory of the rehabilitation centre Ligatne, 9 m underground, there is a well-equipped facility with a total area of 2,000 sq.m, whose secrecy grading was removed only in 2003. Bunker was built for the needs of political and state authority elite of the 1980-ies for state administration in case of nuclear war. Secret concealment of the Secretaries General of the Soviet Communist Party comrades Voss and Pugo! One of the most strategically important places in Soviet Latvia in case of a nuclear war. All authentic underground furnishings have been retained! Waiting from directives from Moscow, you will become yourself the eyes and ears of the KGB!
What can be seen there?
- plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydro power stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water and how that would affect largest towns;
- autonomous electrical station with diesel generator and fuel reservoirs;
- conditioning equipment for air purification;
- special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country;
- materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
- canteen with a typical Soviet menu;
- Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and daily items.
Number of people
|Price (Euro)/per person|
3 - 4 people
5 - 6 people
7 - 8 people
For more people, please request the price!
Duration: aprox. 4hrs
Meeting point: Riga Old Town or pick up and drop off from/to hotel in Riga Old Town
Price includes: guided tour in the bunker, vehicle (140 km return)
Guides: English and Russian